Professor Severus Snape's Office - click on the photo to visit it

"Happy is (s)he who, like Ulysses, has travelled far...."



Feb 26, 2013

Two (very)Small Projects. Dwa Malutkie Projekty.


This one was for my Dad's Birthday - he always dreams about bonsai, but somehow they never survive for too long here.;) So this one should live longer, I hope!



This is a little cypress tree that I trimmed to look like a grown up miniature tree. I did feel like a murderer when I was cutting it's twigs out... Guess I couldn't be a real gardener.;)


 Anyway there is also a real moss around the tree - you shoud see me digging out through the snow to find it, lol! Two other little trees are cones painted green. The stones and  yellow gravel (there was no white, lol) are from the aquarium store. The chair is a "champagne one".:)


The other project is a little commissioned lantern.



Still in progress, but as you can see it already has a wallpaper, floor and shelf,


 curtains and some butterflies,

 
and some accessories ready.





Jeden dla mojego Taty - małe cyprysowe bonsai.;) Mam nadzieję, że postoi u nas dłużej niż każde inne.;) Trochę mnie bolało jak przycinałam mu gałązki... Chyba nie mogłabym być ogrodnikiem takim na cały etat... Mech wygrzebałam spod śniegu.;) Ale kamyczki i żwirek są ze sklepu - niestety nie było białego.;) Małe drzewka po bokach to szyszki. Krzesełko z szampana.:)
Drugi to małe zlecenie, wciąż w trakcie, ale ma już tapetę, podłogę, firanki, półeczkę, motylki i różne takie tam akcesoria.:)

19 comments:

Margaret said...

Your bonsai garden is very calm and beautiful Ewa your father will love it I am sure, and your lantern room is looking good.

17-17 said...

Bardzo fajny ogródek z drzewkiem, zgadzam się co do kaleczenia roślinek... właśnie dlatego nigdy nie wyhodowałam i nie wyhoduję bonsai.
A latarenka jest po prostu śliczna! tapeta z balonem nadaje jej niepowtarzalny klimat, wszystkie drobiazgi doskonale do siebie pasują, ktoś dla kogo jest robiona będzie nią z pewnością zachwycony.

Unknown said...

Que bonito,me gusta mucho

Plushpussycat said...

Both projects look great. I love the bonsai tree scene. It looks like it was fun to do! xo Jennifer

Daydreamer said...

Oh Ewa, I LOVE your projects!!! Your Bonsai Tree.... is it really growing??? Remember the bonsai tree I was starting for my dolls...? Well, it did not survive my neglect.... all it took was ONE day of forgetting to water and it Died! So I have not figured out how to do the mini Gardening yet...! But I still Dream of building one....!
And your Lantern... I love the balloon on the wall! I can't wait to see more!

Melli Hobby said...

Fantastic new mini projects!! I think your father will be very habppa about the mini garden!!!!
The lantern looks great. I love the curtanins!!
Greetings
Melanie

Sans! said...

Ooooh , it was Papa Jacques' birthday? Please say HAPPY BIRTHDAY and give him a big loud kiss and a bear hug :):).

It's my mum's birthday today by the way, and my niece's too. :).

By the way, I knew immediately that your dad will absolutely love the bonsai and that chair and coffee must really tickled him :).

I am also positive that the lantern project is going to make someone a happy baby :):).

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Exciting bonsai project. I love your lantern, such a good idea. The floor fits so well with the lantern frame. Fine wall decoration. I look forward to see more.

Hugs
Wyrna

Ola said...

Bardzo fajny pomysl z bonsai, myślałam, że kamyczki specjalnie są żółte i zastanawialam się czy może sama je barwiłaś hehe :)) Natomiast latarnia - o rany! To jest właśnie coś takiego co mnie inspiruje, jest fantastyczna. Mogę sobie wyobrazić jakim uroczym i przytulnym pokoikiem wkrótce będzie :) pozdrawiam cieplutko :)

Maria Ireland said...

What a wonderful gift for your Dad its beautiful. The lantern looks great. I love the floor. I cant wait to see more.
Hugs Maria

Ascension said...

Un precioso bonsay, me encanta como has montado la escenita en la maceta.
Estoy intrigada con tu nuevo proyecto, por lo que he visto seguro que me encanta.
besitos ascension

Fabiola said...

The mini garden is wondereful. A great gift for your father.
I like the scene in the lantern.
Bye Faby

Ilona said...

Ewa, your Dad must have been very happy with his bonsai :D Congratulations to him and the family. Oh how I loved to help you to find the moss under the snow, what fun we shoudl have :D!
The lantern looks beautiful and very cosy so far: the baby is welcome ;)!!
Warm hugs, Ilona

BiWuBär said...

What a fantastic garden for your Dad's birthday, I'm convinced he was over the moon with it, it's so beautiful. And I tried to imagine you digging for moss, muttering "Gotta find some..." (LOL). I'm already in love with that lantern and its gorgeous floor - not to forget all the details you added so far. Maybe the person to whom it's dedicated will not appreciate it during the next years, but the parents will for sure... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

CARMEN (Hadanet) said...

Me encanta la escena en la maceta del bonsai. El nuevo proyecto empieza muy bien, lo que has hecho hasta ahora se ve precioso, espero verlo terminada!!!
Besitooos.


John said...

I bet your dad plotzed when he saw your fabby bonsaii! (I have sort of a 'brown thumb' --as opposed to green-- so I get what you mean). The lantern, no doubt, is going to be magnificent!

Marisa said...

it's so cute :)

Drora's minimundo said...

The little garden is so cute! Happy birthday to your father!
I love the lantern. It already looks gorgeous. I can imagine hot fabulous it will be when finished.
Hugs, Drora

Unknown said...

Wow - love the lantern idea! And the garden is so cute! :)