Professor Severus Snape's Office - click on the photo to visit it

"Happy is (s)he who, like Ulysses, has travelled far...."



Jul 12, 2010

Grand Astoria Hotel Project

The Grand Astoria Hotel Project is a fun for the Minidolllist's members. And because of it I decided that I will bore you, for a week, with the mini dolls I owe, starting from this project entrances. ;)
For all that don't know what Minidolllist is, it is one of probably the biggest forums for minidollmakers, collectors or just fans and friends, created and leaded by absolutely marvelous Lady and one of the most generous Persons I know, Dana Burton. More about this forum you can read at the Minidolllist's website. :)
I was reading and watching great creations that were shown there for years. I bought two of Dana's famous doll kits years ago also. But this year, thanks to Dana, one of my blog's fiends and me were included into list's RAK programme, what let us try to make our own dolls or at least paint and dress them up.;) Well, me actually, as my friend, Zofianna is a very talented doll's dress designer.:)
As it was not enough Dana asked me months ago if I wanted to take part in Designer Runaway show. I wanted, although I wasn't sure if I was able to make anything interesting.
Well, the results of this project are to be announced this Saturday. I am not counting on winning anything because there are a lot of talented ladies that took part in it. All the entrances you can see here.
A desinger was supposed to prepare three dresses: a wedding dress, a little black dress and a fantasy dress.
My suite, no48, is called "the Copernicus' Heavenly Stars - Elegance and Class with a drop of Madness". Here is my first entrance - the wedding dress. Actually it was supposed to be completely different dress but I had to use the doll kit I'd got from the List's friends, so I have chosen this dress to suit the kit;) Don't be frightened by doll's make up - it was my first doll painting and I am affraid the second one, I will show you later,is much worse than this one.
The inspiration I found in Polish magazine called Panna Młoda - the Bride. This is Ian Stuart dress called Nell from his Belle Epoque collection.

I was lucky to see this dress first on the photo above, because official photo on Ian Stuart's website is not good for this dress in my opinion. You can't see the shapes of the woman and the beauty of this dress below.

And here is my wedding dress inspired by Nell model - the doll's mold is by a wonderful Dutch artist Annemarie Kwikkel.



And the description I sent together with the photo:
"We present our wedding dress model: Nelless - our One-Day-Princess! The dress is made of: satin, antique lace and organza. The Swarovski crystals necklace, dried spring flowers and bouquet of fresh pink roses with hearts of pearls are the perfect complement to this dream dress of every romantic Bride."

Ostrzegam lojalnie, że przez najbliższy tydzień będzie tylko o lalkach jakie są w moim posiadaniu:) Dzis prezentuję pierwszą z trzech sukni, które przygotowałam na zabawę zorganizowaną na stronie Minidolllist, pod nazwą Grand Astoria Hotel Project. Zasadą było zaprojektowanie 3 sukini: slubnej, małej czarnej i fantazyjnej, na początkowo czerwcowy, a teraz już lipcowy pokaz mody. Wyniki będą ogłoszone w tą sobotę, oczywiscie nie liczę na wygraną, ale fajnie się bawiłam szukając inspiracji i wymyslając stroje dla trzech lalek. Suknia slubna inspirowana jest suknią projektu Iana Stuarta, model Nell z jego kolekcji Belle Epoque. Miałam sporo szczęscia trafiając najpierw na zdjęcie tego modelu w magazynie Panna Młoda - jakos tak, skojarzył mi się z wąską modą wiktoriańską i ładnie podkresla kobiece kształty. Dużo później znalazłam na stronie Iana Stuarta oficjalne zdjęcie tego modelu i...prawie nie poznałam kiecki! Uważam, że to zdjęcie zrobiło krzywdę tej sukence, bo na nieco bezkształtnej modelce wogóle nie widać jej kształtu;) Lalka ubrana w sukienkę to mold mojej ulubionej artystki Annemarie Kwikkel. Proszę, nie przestraszcie się makijażu, ale po raz pierwszy w życiu malowałam lalkę wogóle. Ze wstydem muszę przyznać, że druga, którą malowałam nieco później, wygląda jeszcze gorzej... Sukienka jest częsciowa klejona i częsciowo szyta, zrobiona z satyny, koronki, organzy, ozdobiona najmniejszymi jakie udało mi się znaleźć kryształkami Svarovskiego i suszonymi kwiatkami. Mój "dom mody" nazywa się: Niebiańskie Gwiazdy Kopernika, elegancja i klasa z odrobiną szaleństwa;)

16 comments:

Thmini2 said...

Wonderful work! I love it. Teresa

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Teresa! I am so happy you like it!:D

Ascension said...

A mi me parece que te ha quedado maravilloso!!!
Me encanta la parte trasera, con ese precioso lazo que hace que se vea la silueta mas estilizada.
El ramo de novia le queda genial.
El maquillaje muy conseguido.
Espero con impaciencia tu nuevo modelo.
Porque no puedes ganar? Tu vestido es una preciosidad..........muchisisisisisisima suerte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
besitos ascension

julie campbell said...

Beautiful Ewa, you have done a wonderful job here with the costuming, it is a beautiful dress :0)
julie xxx

Merry Jingle said...

It's absolutelu fabulous! I couldn't sew a sack for a doll to wear :D

The Old Maid said...

Muchisimas gracias Ascension!! You're way too kind for me!:D Happy you like it!:D

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Julie! This is an honor for me to read these words from a fabulous doll maker!!Thank you so much!

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Ira! I have to admit I sew only if I don't see any other option!;D But mostly I glue everything on the doll.:D

Glenda said...

Ewa, it's beautiful - I can sew in 1:1, but in miniature the rules change and I get frustrated. Your work here is inspirational - so well made, I am in awe!!

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Glenda!I can't sew in 1:1 at all ;)

Mari@ said...

Che Meraviglia! Great work! you have succeeded in reproducing the details with class and precision. Beautiful!

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Mari@! I am happy you like it!:D

Gonda's miniature said...

WOW! this is a fantastic wedding dress, great job.

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much, Gonda!!!

Anonymous said...

Przepiękna suknia ślubna! Te draperie, falbanki, detale - cudowne:)
Co do makijażu, to jak na pierwszą lalkę jest naprawdę dobrze. Zresztą makijaż to, moim zdaniem, jedna z najtrudniejszych rzeczy - gdybyś zobaczyła moje pierwsze próby, to byś się mocno przeraziła:). A tę drugą, która, jak twierdzisz, mniej Ci się udała możesz zawsze potraktować zmywaczem do paznokci i pomalować od nowa:)
Pozdrawiam Cię serdecznie i życzę powodzenia w GAHP!

The Old Maid said...

Dziękuję Ci bardzo Zofianno! :D Tej drugiej pierwszy makijaż zszedł sam jak montowałam fryzurę;) potem mój najcieńszy pędzelek się popsuł i wyszły mu wszystkie włosy i drugi malowałam już grubszym pędzlem i wyszedł...no...sama zobaczysz jak wstawię 3cią kreację ;)