Professor Severus Snape's Office - click on the photo to visit it

"Happy is (s)he who, like Ulysses, has travelled far...."



Dec 23, 2012

The December Girl and Wishes to my Friends! Grudniowa Dziewczyna i życzenia!


Finally managed to make something again.;)
Well, to be honest she's not completely done yet. I need to find her a nice stand and work on her shoes and maybe a veil a bit but ... I couldn't wait to show her to you!
It was my first work on taffeta-like fabric and it was not that easy but overall I am quite pleased with the result.


The make up is not made by me and she's one of the RAK doll, so if you look close you'll find some seams and holes here and there.


This is my third bride....I wonder why? LOL! I think there is something about long elegant dress that makes woman feel special, maybe that's why I like to make wedding dresses from time to time.


As you can see she stands on her own. If she wants that is... ;)


Have you already guessed what inspired me to make this dress?;) Yup, it is an old Guns'n'Roses video to their song: November Rain.:) I guess I was carring this dress in my head for a long time, I still remember I was quite surprise to see the shape of the skirt and it made an impression on me.


That's not a nice thing to look under the skirt,lol, but I wanted to show you she's wearing also a blue garter.:)


A small bouquet of flowers I've got from my dear Friend, Sans!.:)


Hope you will like my December Girl and best wishes to all my Friends!





W końcu udało mi się coś "stworzyć".;) Co prawda nie jest to dzieło całkowicie skończone, muszę znaleźć jej jakąś podstawę, popracować nad butami i welonem, ale nie mogłam się już doczekać, żeby Wam ją pokazać!
Pierwszy raz pracowałam z materiałem w rodzaju tafty i nie była to prosta sprawa, ale w sumie jestem zadowolona z rezultatu. Makijaż nie jest zrobiony przeze mnie, a jeśli się przyjrzycie dokładnie, to znajdziecie też błędy w porcelanie, ale nie ma co narzekać na coś co się dostało w prezencie.;) To moja trzecia panna młoda. Czasem się zastanawiam co jest w sukniach ślubnych, że chętnie je robię? Czy już się domyślacie co mnie zainspirowało? Tak! Wideo do piosenki November Rain Guns'N'Roses! Pamiętam, że byłam całkowicie zaskoczona zobaczywszy krój spódnicy w tej sukni. I jakoś ten widok "chodził" za mną dopraszając się wykreowania czegoś podobnego w miniaturze.;) Lalka ma nawet niebieską podwiązkę. Bukiecik częściowo z kwiatków, które dostałam od Sans!. Mam nadzieję, że się Wam moja grudniowa panna spodoba! A korzystając z okazji chciałabym wszystkim złożyć najserdeczniejsze życzenia radosnych i wypełnionych miłością Świąt Bożego Narodzenia i Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku! Dziękuję Wam za to, że jesteście moją nieustającą inspiracją!

28 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

A beautiful wedding dress. I love the style! Great work!
A Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!
Hugs, Drora

Unknown said...

You can be proud, great work. Like the dress. Merry Christmas.
Mona

Maria Ireland said...

Your December girl is gorgeous. I love the fabric she looks very elegant. Is there a hint in there about brides ???? lol
I hope you have a wonderful happy Christmas.
Hugs Maria

Margriet said...

Wonderful dress, she's a beautiful bride!

Wishing you a wpnderful Christmas! Hugs, Margriet

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Drora! All the best to you too!
Hugs

The Old Maid said...

Thank you Mona! The same to you! Hugs

The Old Maid said...

Hahahaha not really Maria. Just a wishfull thinking,lol! Happy you like it! And all the best to you and your family too!
Hugs

The Old Maid said...

Thank you Margriet! The same to you!
Hugs

Ilona said...

Hi Ewa, the bride is wonderful dressed, I think she want stay alone for long ;)!! The dress is wonderfully made and suits a December Girl, you can be proud of your work!
In Dutch we say: Vrolijk Kerstfeest en Gelukkig Nieuwjaar! My wishes for you in English: Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year (it is the same :D!!
Hugs, Ilona

BiWuBär said...

Your December girl is really a pretty lass - you've done a fantastic dressing her (Great source of inspiration, btw... *grin*)!

Hugs
Birgit

The Old Maid said...

Radosnych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia Ilona!:) :) Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you very much for your kind words!
Hugs

The Old Maid said...

Isn't it Brigit? lol! Happy you like her!
Hugs and kisses

Plushpussycat said...

You've done a beautiful job with her, Ewa! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work! Sans' bouquet is really lovely too. xo Jennifer

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

I just found your blog today, the 24th December. It felt like a little pre-Christmas gift. Looking forward to reading your blog. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
 
Hugs
Wyrna

The Old Maid said...

Thank you Jennifer! happy you like it!
Hugs

The Old Maid said...

Thank you very much Wyrna! You're very kinda and very much welcome to my modest blog!
Hugs

17-17 said...

Pięknie Ci wyszła ta suknia, Ewo.
Jeszcze raz - Wesołych Świąt!!!

The Old Maid said...

Dziękuję serdecznie, na wzajem! I cieszę się, że sukienka się podoba.:)
Uściski

Mari@ said...

You have done an amazing work. Merry Christmas Ewa!!

The Old Maid said...

Thank you so much Maria! All the same to you!
Hugs

Sans! said...

You know Ewa, this is the best wedding dress todate but I am absolutely sure you will just make them better and better. Those shoes are gorgeous too. The whole look is whimsical and feminine and very flattering! That tiny waist! Your doll must have starved to fit into that dress :):):).

Merry Xmas, my dear Ewalina. Kisses to everyone at home!

Daydreamer said...

Merry Christmas, Ewa! I am so Late at Everything this Christmas... maybe I should just start on Next Christmas! LOL!
Your December bride is Gorgeous! I had to take an extra Breath when I saw her skirt.... SO Unusual and Daring....! But I LOVE the Modern and Old Fashioned feel all mixed up together... sometimes the Long Wedding Dresses just feel so ordinary... and that makes this one so much more special! It is BOTH Old Fashioned and Modern and is Breathtaking!!!
Have a Wonderful Christmas... whatever is left of it on your side of the World! LOL!

The Old Maid said...

hahaha Sam! I don't know who made her but she's all porceline from head to hips so this tiny waist is not my idea,lol Actually it was quite hard to fit the fabric there,lol.
Dearie all the best wishes from all of us to you and all your loved ones!
Hugs and kisses

The Old Maid said...

THANK YOU!!!!! Thank you Betsy! I am so happy you like this dress!
And just like you I was so late with everything this Christmas... Let's hope we will be better next year!
Hugs

Jollie said...

She is gorgeous!! Great work Ewa :)
Merry Christmas to you too and yours.
And a very Happy New Year 2013! ^-^
Hugs Jollie and the BJD girls

Eliana said...

This bride is gorgeous! Your inspiration is everything! I used to love Guns'n'Roses and the first time I saw this video I cried. (ok, I was a girl of easy tears).

I hope you had a great Christmas. ;)

A big hug dear Ewa.

The Old Maid said...

Thank you Jollie! Happy you like it!

All the same for you from me and my BJD Kids! :) :)

Hugs and kisses

The Old Maid said...

Hahaha Eliana! How good I understand you! I was crying on U2 songs lol!
Happy you like the bride!
And the best wishes to you and your beloved ones too!
Hugs