Professor Severus Snape's Office - click on the photo to visit it

"Happy is (s)he who, like Ulysses, has travelled far...."



Jun 14, 2015

Which colour do you like? Który kolor Wam się podoba?


This is the second roombox made on request. Just like in the first one  the frame and box are handmade.
The floor and wallpaper and all the paintings of: box, frame, a few furniture done by me.

Except for the violin with it's stand and the bust stand everything was re-done by me. I had to re-do the piano to fit it in to a small space in a box - I really felt bad about cutting it through and throwing some parts away though. The bust was re-done too as I needed a pianist, not a soldier there. ;)

 At first  I decided to leave the chair in it's original colour as I thought it would give some cheer and brightness to this "music" roombox.




Unfortunately my customer wasn't pleased and wanted the chair to be dark green or dark red. So here is the second version on this roombox.


I have to admit I didn't like this choice of colour but asking on FB I got a few responds confirming some of people liked it more in green. Someone said, just like my customer, that a blue one gives too much of  contrast.

So what do you think? Which colour suits you more?

***

To drugi roombox, który powstał na życzenie tej samej klientki. Tak jak w pierwszym samo pudełko, rama i cała reszta jest ręcznie zrobiona. Kładłam podłogę, tapetę i znów mnóstwo malowałam od pudełka i ramy poczynając na niektórych meblach skończywszy. Że o składaniu w całość pudła z ramą nie wspomnę.

Poza skrzypcami i podstawą pod popiersie wszystkie meble zostały przeze mnie przerobione. Musiałam niestety zmniejszyć fortepian, bo oryginał za nic na świecie nie chciał się zmieścić w wąskiej przestrzeni - aż mnie serce bolało kiedy je przecinałam  i wyrzucałam "zbędne" części. Również popiersie zostało przerobione, bo potrzebowałam pianistę a nie żołnierza. ;)

W pierwszej pokazanej klientce wersji zostawiłam krzesło w jego oryginalnym kolorze, bo według mnie dodawało koloru i odrobiny radości w tym wnętrzu.

Niestety klientce się nie spodobało i zażyczyła sobie zmiany koloru na ciemnozielony lub bordowy. Tak powstała druga wersja roomboxa.

Muszę przyznać, że ta ostatnia wersja nie bardzo mi się podobała, ale gdy zapytałam na FB o opinię innych okazało się, że zwolenników pierwszej i drugiej wersji jest mniej więcej tyle samo. Ktoś nawet powtórzył za moją klientką, że niebieski dawał za duży kontrast.

A jak Wam się wydaje? Który kolor bardziej się Wam podoba?

12 comments:

kittyandkatminiatures said...

I like the green, given the rich wood of the piano. However, the blue is also very nice! I think if it was a full sized room the blue would look great because you could use blue in drapes, etc. but in a small room box, you can't fir everything in! It looks great

Plushpussycat said...

I prefer the light blue! Each of us is different! :-) xo Jennifer

Drora's minimundo said...

Wonderful work as usual! Blue is always my favorite color.
Hugs, Drora

Kikka N said...

Hi!
For some reason I like the blue! I think the roombox is having more airy athmosphere in blue... But just as Jennifer said: Each of us is different.
Hugs
Kikka

PILAR6373 said...

A mi personalmente,me gusta más en color azul,pero quizás su cliente pensó que quedaba un poco femenino y no era esa su idea,de ésta manera,queda más sobrio y masculino.
La escena es muy bonita!!!
Besos.

Ilona said...

Hi Ewa! I think that for this particular roombox the green color was the right choice. Personally, I would love the chair and stool in blue. But I think that you than also have to paint the color of all wooden miniatures into a creme/beige, or even white for getting a well balanced color scheme.
But every person can have his own choice :D!
The roombox is wonderful, Ewa, great work!
Hugs, Ilona

17-17 said...

Oh, mój ukochany klimacik, cudowny pokoik muzyczny! i zdecydowanie niebieski! krzesełko było przepiękne, dobrze zruzumiałam, że już go nie ma?? Nie wiem, jak udało Ci się zmniejszyć ten fortepian? czegoś mi tylko brakuje na półeczkach, ale to pewnie celowo pozostawione miejsce dla inwencji klientki. Całość jest piękna!

Giac said...

Witaj Ewa,
Myślę, że niebieski sprawia, że pokój czuć się nieco bardziej kobiece, a zielony jest zdecydowanie męski pokój. Muszę powiedzieć, że podoba mi się na zielono. Świetna robota przerabianiu na pianinie ... nie można powiedzieć, że została wycięta w ogóle.
Wielki uścisk,
Giac

BiWuBär said...

I must say I like both options... but maybe the light blue gives somehow a more feminine atmosphere. Anyhow - the musician's roombox looks awesome and I'm sure your customer will be very pleased... with the green version. Btw - you're one tough woman... cutting a soldier down to become a pianist... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Daydreamer said...

Hi Ewa! I will say that I like the blue better... but I love blue!!! I think the green looks too "somber" and doesn't have the "sparkle" of the blue! I would add all sorts of MORE sparkle and color to the box.... you know me.... I like the rich and bright colors!
I think it is amazing the amount of work you have put into these roomboxes! But cutting the piano would have made me cringe too! And I really don't think I could change a soldier into a pianist! LOL!
You have done a great job! Your work is very inspiring to me!!!

Maria Ireland said...

I also like the blue though as someone else said it does make it a little more feminine. The roombox is gorgeous either way. The piano is beautiful and you would never guess that the bust had once been a soldier :)) Fantastic job.
Hugs Maria

niela said...

Całość przepiękna. Oczywiście ze ten niebieski. Ztwarzał bardziej radosną atmosferę. Łał nie wiem jak udało ci się zmniejszyć ten fortepian ale jest piękny.
Pozdrawiam i wzdycham pełna podziwu.