Professor Severus Snape's Office - click on the photo to visit it

"Happy is (s)he who, like Ulysses, has travelled far...."



Feb 13, 2011

A capital city's surprise

You may not know but I don't really like our capital city. Comparing to my quiet, windy city, Warsaw is noisy and has most ugly main train station you can imagine. I never am fond of going there so I wasn't happy to go there in January either. Not to mention for a whole 5 days!
Still to my surprise, it wasn't that bad as I expected. We accidently had a good hotel and free evenings, the city was still wearing it's Christmas lights so the Old Town was really charming, we visited brand new Chopin's Museum, very modern with a lot modern technics in use.
I went to our head quarters with two of my workmates. The girls just loved to watch every jewelery shop's windows and I...well, quess there is not a lot of a woman in me ;)...was getting a bit bored of that. While waiting for them to finsh admiring all the jewelery staff in the next shop I looked once again at the window display and - imagine my surprise - I noticed this!!

Glad my friend has a cellphone with a good camera in it, I of course forgot to take my camera with me - million times I repeat I should have it with me always and still forgetting to take it. If not for Renata I would have never been able to show you this 1:12 jeweler's setting!
So if you wonder why I am showing it to you almost a month after coming back home I have to explain my friend's cellphone got broken on the last day of our trip and only now she's got it back working.:)

Dzis pokazuję Wam małe miniaturowe cudo, które udało mi się zauważyć podczas ostatniego pobytu w Warszawie. Stało sobie na wystawie jednego ze sklepów jubilerskich i najwyraźniej jest w skali 1:12. Prawda, że urocza niespodzianka?:) Na moje szczęscie, moja koleżanka miała ze sobą komórkę z dobrym aparatem fotograficznym. Dzięki Renatko!

27 comments:

Arestrea said...

Miniaturzysta to zawsze chyba miniaturkę wypatrzy. Gdy kilka tygodni temu byłam w na urlopie też zauważyłam na wystawie u jubilera małe mebelki:) Była to szafa w skali 1:12, w której wisiało kilka par kolczyków oraz komoda, na której blacie znajdowało się kilka kolejnych par, na taborecie do komody położono pierścionek. Z kolei jeszcze wcześniej w miejscowości, w której mieszkam, będąc w centrum handlowym zauważyłam na wystawie pewnego sklepu sześć dioram w skali 1:12, na których leżały... skarpety:D (bo to był sklep ze skarpetami)

Fajnie, że miałaś pod ręką aparat;) Świetne zdjęcie.

The Old Maid said...

Całe szczęście, że koleżanka miała dobry aparat telefoniczny ;) Och, ale bym chciała zobaczyć miniatury, o których piszesz! Musiały być fajne! U mnie niestety nic takiego nie ma ciekawego.:)

onbeingaminimum said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful find.

BiWuBär said...

This could have been me... I always forget to take my camera along with me, too. Good that your friend/co-worker took that picture for you, it's fantastic. Isn't it a relief that there are so many crazy miniaturists in the world? LOL

Have a great week
Birgit

Catherine said...

How WONDERFUL!!! It is all so right!

Margaret said...

That was a great find, I wonder who made it?

The Old Maid said...

Happy you all like it just like me :D
Janice - you're welcome.
Brigit - yes, it is! Also because you never know when and where you can find something like that.:)
Catherine - somehow I knew you will like it ;)
Margaret - I didn't have a chance to ask, the shop was already closed. I can only supposed it could be the owner or one of the jewelers that work there.:)

Glenda said...

What a lovely thing to find!! I'm glad your friend had a camera - isn't it always the way that the best scenes appear when we don't have one with us . . .

Alienora said...

Ale bajerek:)))) A pamiętasz jaka to była ulica? Chętnie się przejdę żeby na własne oczy zobaczyć:)))
Ewa, jaka szkoda, że nie wiedziałam, że będziesz w Wawie, jeszcze kilka fajnym miejsc do zobaczenia by się znalazło:)))
Buziaki!
Zosia

The Old Maid said...

This is so true, Glenda!:) What is worse my cellphone doesn't have a good camera in it so I will really have to put my camera to my bag.;)

The Old Maid said...

Hej Zosiu! Ależ Cię tu dawno nie było!;)
Co do ulicy, to nazwy nie pamiętam - ale ja generalnie ulic nie pamiętam nawet w swoim mieście;) - ale to było gdzieś przy tym wielopiętrowym Smyku, taki całkiem sporych rozmiarów jubiler.
Co do Warszawy, to całkiem możliwe, że jeszcze będę musiała tam pojechać, kto wie czy nie szybciej niż myślę.;) Dam znać jakby co.:) Tym razem miałyśmy się spotkać z Aną, ale niestety się Jej Rodzinka pochorowała.
Uściski!

M.Narbon said...

Preciosa la mesa de joyero!!!
Un trabajo muy detallado, felicidades!!

Nagu said...

Piękna rzecz - chyba mały warsztacik jubilerski? Aż sama się przejdę zobaczyć, zdaje się, że wiem, o który sklep chodzi :)
No i miło czytać, że Warszawa tym razem pokazała się od lepszej strony :) Heh, jestem lokalną patriotką ;)

CWPoppets said...

This little setting looks so nice. Glad your friend had her camera/cellphone.

The Old Maid said...

Maria, this is not mine! I just found it walking around the city :)

The Old Maid said...

Tak wygląda, Zosiu!
Kolejna Warszawianka?;) To jest tak, że ja generalnie jadę do stolicy albo, bo muszę albo na lotnisko;) nie mam wątpliwości, że są piękne miejsca w Warszawie, ale w porównaniu do cichej, zielonej, nadmorskiej Gdyni, jest mi tam jakoś szaro i strasznie pędzi to życie, chyba nawet galopem.;) A do tego też jestem lokalną patriotką.;)

The Old Maid said...

I am happy about that too Christine!:D

Ascension said...

Esa mesa de joyero es una autentica maravilla.
Me encantan los detalles tan precisos.
besitos ascension

The Old Maid said...

Happy you like it Ascension! I wish I could make metal miniatures like that:)besitos

Daydreamer said...

What a wonderful and unique chance, Ewa! If you looked for ages you would not find such a marvelous little scene! But there it was, just when you least expected! So lucky your friend had a phone that takes pictures!

The Old Maid said...

Very true Betsy! I wouldn't find it if I had my camera with me for sure!;)

Sans! said...

OOoooooh Ewa! This is really wonderful! I wonder if it is similar to the silver miniatures I found in a very very fancy toy store we have here. They are slightly smaller than 1:12 and very very expensive. The ones I have seen have many different kinds of worktable, even a dentist's :). I love them but can't afford them at all! :)

The Old Maid said...

I didn't have a chance to go inside shop and ask about the miniatures but I suppose it is expensive and quite possible they are made of silver.:)You are lucky to have shops like this around, Sans.:) For me seeing it almost in the street was a big big surprise ;)

Jollie said...

It's good to have friends! :)
It looks so amazing, I really had to look twice if it was a miniature....

Hugs, Jollie

The Old Maid said...

I am not surprised Jollie! And you are sooo tight about friends:) Hugs to you too:)

Woolytales Miniatures said...

haha, I don't know how to use my camera on my phone... all this things from modern age drives me bananas!!*grin8
I love the picture... the setting is so well done .. looks perfect to me!

The Old Maid said...

Oh, don't worry Patricia! I probably would know how to take a photo using the phone but wouldn't know how to put it into the computer!;D Happy you like it!